March 10, 2017 admin
Every year the Florida Legislature is passing stronger laws against the crime of driving under the influence (DUI). If you are arrested for DUI and you refuse to submit to breathe test, blood, or urine to determine intoxication. Or if you undergo a test and the result contains an alcohol level of .08 or higher, the DMV will suspend your driving privileges immediately and you have only 10 days to request a special hearing called “Audience Formal Review”. At this hearing where our attorneys aggressively seek that the department will return your license. If you do not demand this hearing during these ten days you will lose your driving privileges for 6 months if it is your first DUI with a score of 08 or more and may be up to 18 months if you have previously denied. If any of the following is present in your DUI case, the 10-day rule refers to you and should act immediately.
- You underwent the examination and the result was .08 or more.
- You refuse to submit to an examination.
- You try to undergo a test but police say you refused (perhaps you could not blow enough or you could not urinate).
- You were under 21 years of age on the day of the arrest and the result was .02 or more.
- You have a CDL and when you were arrested were driving your truck and had a result in examination of .08 or more, or refused to take the test.
- You are not sure of the outcome of its consideration of drunkenness.
You do not have to lose your driving privileges or suffer an increase in your insurance policy simply by being arrested for DUI. Call us today to learn more about the 10-day rule and the process of administrative suspension.
Never talk or cooperate with the police – this can hurt and will be used against you!
DUI IS A SERIOUS CRIME, DUI is not only a traffic ticket. The consequences of receiving a ticket and be charged with DUI include fines, court costs, suspension of driving privileges, community service, jail or prison, affects the amount you pay for insurance, your work, and it causes personal distress .
Machines are not used or maintained properly calibrated. Remember that your health or diseases can cause the result differs in these tests. All these reasons may give us cause to attack these tests drunk, your arrest and the case against you.
There are certain minimum penalties that the court must grant pro law, but the court also has the discretion to include other more serious penalties. Our attorneys are dedicated to treating every effort to ensure that if you have to convict, will receives the most minimal possible penalties.
- How does a breathalyzer work?
- DUI – If you’re Under 21
- DUI Practice
- DUI Breath Test, Blood test, or Refusal
- DUI DWI
- Drunk Driving
- DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL AND OR DRUGS
- Deleting a DUI from your record
- Defense in case of Operation under Influence in Florida
- Criminal Defense Attorney in Virginia
- Breathalyzer vs. blood test
- Breathe Test Refusal and Failure Consequences
- Blood alcohol test and how long it stays in the body
- Attorneys Refusing DUI breath test could be smart